Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Homemade Peppermint Patties

One of my good friends was telling me about these amazing Homemade Peppermint Patties that she had made for her family during the holidays. I immediately asked her for the recipe knowing that peppermint patties are a favorite in my family. This recipe did the trick! So rich, refreshing and easy to make! This is a recipe that I will definitely be using again!



Recipe:

2 cups powdered sugar
1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons evaporated milk
¼ teaspoon vegetable oil
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
drop of peppermint extract
1-2 cups chocolate chips

  1. In an electric mixer, beat the powdered sugar, butter, evaporated milk, vegetable oil, vanilla, and peppermint extract until smooth. Scoop into a bowl and place in the refrigerator to set.
  2. Once firm, roll into one-inch balls. Push down to flatten. Set in freezer for another 60 minutes.
  3. Melt chocolate chips in a double-boiler. Remove patties from freezer and dip in chocolate, setting on wax paper. Freeze again until ready to eat.

A couple notes:

The peppermint dough was pretty sticky and I had a little bit of trouble rolling into balls because it was sticking to my hands so much. To fix this, I sprinkled a small amount of powdered sugar on my hands to keep the dough from sticking.

The dough balls must be very cold before dipping them into the melted chocolate or the patties will start to melt and lose their form when dipped in the chocolate.

Instead of dipping the patties into the chocolate, try dropping a spoonful of chocolate over the patties. I found this method to be much easier.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment