Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Grilled Artichoke

I love artichokes. I try to eat them as much as possible. At least once a week. The entire process of cooking an artichoke is completely fulfilling for me. Trimming the thorns, steaming until they reach the perfect level of tenderness, peeling and eating each leaf one at a time until you reach the heart. Every part of this process is interactive and the end result of eating a perfectly cooked artichoke is beyond satisfying.


I took cooking an artichoke one step further by firing up the barbeque. Grilling an artichoke adds so much flavor and that smokey barbeque taste. The common dip for an artichoke is mayonnaise. I'm not a huge fan of mayonnaise so I came up with my own mixture that everyone can enjoy. I combine a small spoonful of reduced fat mayonnaise, honey mustard, and Dijon. Mix them well in a small bowl and your dip is ready to go!



Instructions:

Depending on the size of your artichokes, steam for 25-45 minutes until just tender.

Cut artichoke in half and brush (or drizzle) a small amount of olive oil on each side.

Sprinkle salt and pepper over the inside of each half and your artichokes are ready to go on the grill.

Place on the barbeque over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side.

Remove from heat and serve with your dip!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment